The Assistant Instructor (AI) Course is designed for those who do not have the time to attend an entire IDC or those who do not wish to become Open Water Scuba Instructors at the time. Assistant Instructors learn about the PADI System of Instructor, General Standards and Procedures, Instructor Level Dive Theory and how to teach in confined water, open water and the classroom.
During this 5 Day program, Candidates will be shown how to control student diver activity, lead skill practice and teach within the PADI System and Standards. As an AI, you will be able to teach Discover Scuba Diving in confined water, surface skills in the Open Water Diver Course, and some specialties that you can become certified to teach through a Specialty Instructor course taught by one of our Course Directors.
PADI Divemaster or:
- An instructor member in good standing (renewed or eligible to renew) with another recognized recreational diver training organization*
- Have a leadership-level certification in good standing (renewed or eligible to renew) with another recognized recreational diver training organization;* 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- 18 years old.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months, and have had no medical condition changes.
- Completed the EFR Primary and Secondary Care course, or other qualifying training, within the last 24 months.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- Documentation of any non PADI qualifying entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level certifications* as required.
*Contact your PADI Regional Headquarters with questions about eligibility or for more information.
PADI IDC Crew Pack
This fee is required if you are not at least Assistant Instructor certified, or transferring from other dive certifying bodies)
PADI IE Fee
(Paid directly to PADI)
FREE Housing -
First Come, First Serve